After getting through a VERY long thursday, where the truck was unloaded and several boxes were unpacked, we were super excited when my parents came up on friday to help me get more settled. There was SO much to do, and I was pretty overwhelmed. But having the kids there helped remind me to still find some time enjoy our new area and have some fun too.
We took my parents to see Shoshone Falls, which is only a mile or two from our house!

Sips cookies and sodas were a must!
As we worked in the garage, the big kids were biking up and down the road out front. They came in excited at one point and said "There's an ice cream! It followed us down the street. Let's get some ice cream!" I was so confused because I hadn't heard any music... but they were right! It was waiting outside our house, just hoping our kids would get money and come back out front, I think, haha. My parents treated us all to some ice cream. We still laugh about how our local ice cream truck (actually a high school senior in our ward who was doing this truck as his senior project) followed my kids slowly down the road. Not creepy at all, right?? ;)We had heard weeks earlier about a touch-a-truck event at the local college (College of Southern Idaho) for kids in the community. I told my kids about it once I heard it would be happening right after we moved in, so they'd been talking about it ever since! This was a free event where kids could see, touch, and climb into lots of different types of trucks and vehicles. The drivers were all volunteering their time to be there and to talk to the kids about their different jobs. It was SO MUCH FUN!! My kids were on cloud 9. They saw fire trucks, a police car, a tractor, a digger, a garbage truck, and a park ranger.
My favorite memory of all was Boston accidentally figuring out how to turn on the siren of this highway patrol car, and wearing the officer's hat.
Afterwards we went to Culver's for lunch.
Hung out inside and outside while the adults tried to get some projects done...
Playing some card games.
Enjoying dinner and dessert on the backyard patio is our favorite thing to do now. We were SOOOO glad to have my parents' help and grateful for they took the time to come up and get right to work. I was nervous to have them leave, knowing that I'd be on my own for another couple of weeks.
Our new ward building is right behind the Twin Falls Temple. It's a very large, very active ward and we're excited to get to know all these new friends!
Unpacking an entire house, organizing our lives, keeping kids occupied and fed, and not losing my mind was QUITE the feat for me. I get overwhelmed very easily and many times had a very short fuse. On top of all of that, Boston was finding it very easy to let himself out of the front door when I wasn't right on him constantly, and I was also dealing with all the tv and internet set up all by myself. I HATE dealing with those things and would facetime Ryan many, many times so he could explain what cord goes where and which internet password, blah blah blah. It was not fun, to be honest! We made it through, though.
The next sunday evening, a couple showed up (the Mayes) with surprise dinner and also invited us outside to get free ice cream from their ice cream truck! (The same one that followed my kids the other day, hehe) It was so nice of them!! Several other neighbors came out to enjoy some frozen yogurt too.
Happy, sugared-up kiddos!





















No comments:
Post a Comment