I know this is a terrible picture, but it's the only one I got of Logan close-up in his outfit. I took it a few days before the blessing because I wanted to see if the outfit would work out and show Ryan the picture. I wanted to do a REAL photo shoot of him in his outfit over these last couple weeks since the blessing, but I've been too busy and lazy. Today I realized I waited too long when I put on his white shirt and it doesn't button at the neck anymore ... So he can't wear his tie. He's kinda fat. This photo will have to do!

On March 4th, Ryan gave Logan his baby blessing. We decided to stay in town and have it in our home ward instead of traveling to Salt Lake this time. None of the Turners were able to come, since it was the same weekend as Grandpa Turner's 90th birthday party, and most of the Goates also couldn't make it down. Luckily it turned out that my brother and his wife (Jason & Jacey) were already planning to make a trip down this way and made it work to be at Logan's blessing that day! We missed all of our other family members, but we were so excited to have Jason and Jacey there with us.
We are also very blessed to have a wonderful group of close friends who could stand in the Priesthood circle with Ryan and be our "extended family". :) I wish I could have taken a photo of all the great men who were there, but everyone had classes to rush to. Thank you, Robert Reynders, Chris Larsen, Josh Dekker, Andrew Thompson, Landon Karren, and Jason Goates for being there with us that day! Logan is blessed to have such great Priesthood holders surrounding him, whether they were there for his blessing that day or not.
A quick kiss from his sister before she let go of him and he rolled onto the grass, flat on his face. haha Whoops! Daddy wasn't fast enough.
I'm so grateful to have a wonderful husband who is worthy to hold the Priesthood of Jesus Christ and perform this ordinance for our family. Logan was blessed with many great things by our Heavenly Father, and I know he will grow up to be a wonderful man who also accepts and values the responsibilities of the Priesthood, like his Daddy. It's days like that day when I'm reminded of all the things I need to teach my son in order for him to be prepared to become a Deacon, bless and pass the Sacrament, serve as a full-time missionary, and be worthy to be sealed to a strong, faithful woman. It's not as scary to think of what I need to teach Grace... maybe because that's familiar territory, haha. But there is a special responsibility in raising a strong young man in the Gospel. I'm so grateful I've been given that blessing and hope I can do everything I need to. We love Logan so much and are excited to watch him grow and learn in order to become a faithful young man.





No comments:
Post a Comment