He's not really sitting up on his own... just propped up.
5 months already?!?! I can't believe it. This post is all about our little stud and I'm warning you now that it is a picture overload! He doesn't get a lot of pictures on our blog sometimes so here goes...
weight: ??? (probably 17 lbs)
height: ???
Big-Boy-Logan is now officially in size 4 diapers, due to his high volume of blowouts. However he has slowed down as far as his growth and weight-gain over the last month. He is still wearing a lot of the same clothes that he was at 3-4 months, which is a big surprise for us... We were so sure that by 5 months he'd be in straight 9 month clothes.
I love this view of Logan from the back...
Logan loves his mama. If I leave the house, he seems to sense it and he is NOT happy about it. On the nights I have gone out after the kids are in bed, he has woken up from a dead sleep and cried for an hour or more for Ryan until I come home. :( He must love me.
Logan and I spent some time in the kiddie pool the other day and he didn't whine at all about the cold water! Even when I kinda-sorta lost my grip and he got half-way dunked. Don't you just love that chunky belly and chest?
Logan was sleeping pretty well at night (about 8pm-5 or 6am) until a couple weeks ago. He started waking up every 2-3 hours again and wouldn't go back to sleep unless I nursed him. That told us that he was just super hungry and needed more in this diet. So last week we started him on baby oatmeal (mixed with breast milk) ... and my goodness, it was like we'd been starving him! He understood how to eat it right away and his eyes were so wide, like "Where has food been all my life?!" He now has about 1/3 cup of oatmeal twice a day and nurses 6 or 7 times a day. He likes to eat!
He naps about 2-3 times a day, depending on how long or short the first 2 are. Then he'll sleep from 7:30pm-7am, with a "dream feed" at 10pm and usually a feeding in the early morning. He either sleeps in his crib (if Grace isn't in there trying to sleep), in the pack-n-play set up in the office, or in his bouncy chair in our room. He can pretty much sleep anywhere if he's swaddled and it's quiet. I feel bad sometimes that he doesn't have a set place, like his own bed every time, to sleep in... but I know he's still at an age where he's versatile. We'll figure it out as he gets better at sleeping during the night.
When we set Logan down to sleep, we've discovered that he has to have something soft near his cheek. so he can rub his face against it. It must be his "comfort" thing. Either a soft blanket or his stuffed lion next to his cheek helps him relax and fall asleep. It's so sweet to watch him immediately turn towards whatever is next to him. (I always make sure his airway is clear, of course!) :)
Cutest picture ever, right?! My kids are getting so big.
Grace asks multiple times a day to hold Logan on her lap. He doesn't really like it... unless her hand is near his face and then he'll contentedly suck on it.
We truly love having Logan around! He makes us smile when he gives us his squinty eyed-gummy smiles and squeals. He is so strong and is growing up so fast. I want him to stay my "baby" for a whole lot longer but I have a feeling he won't stay this way for long. I love that Logan wants to be with me and needs me. I love that he will lay his head down on my shoulder when he's super tired. I know Ryan looks forward to the day when he can teach Logan to be a rough-and-tumble little boy ... but until then I truly adore my baby boy. :)









2 comments:
That kid is handsome and smart. Ryan has a mini me.
Oh man....how bad do I miss those two kids???? I'm fighting tears!!! And Logan was my baby fix when I needed to snuggle. How far is Ohio again??? MISS you guys!!!
Post a Comment