Thursday, June 21, 2012

Daddy time & Father's Day

We are quickly running out of days with Ryan at home with us... 3 days left. :( We are both a little excited and a lot nervous for our own separate lives that are starting on monday. Ryan back at work, with 12 hours per day, 6-7 days a week of working, and all of that time learning and being tested on his knowledge. And for me it's all that time handling the kids and the house, and learning to live in a new city, by myself. But like I said, we're both still feeling some excitement for what's coming. 

Last friday, Ryan and I, the kids, and Amanda and her kids, drove into downtown Columbus (where my brother works) to meet him for lunch. We drove past Nationwide Children's on the way and MAN is it huge! I can't wait to take a tour myself and actually see where Ryan will be living for 3 years, hehe. Anyway, we walked with the Goates over to a big park area in the middle of downtown called the Columbus Commons. On the way there we walked through a farmer's market they hold every friday. 
This park is a HUGE field of grass and has a concert/stage area on one side where they hold concerts on the weekends. Definitely something we'll have to check out soon! But during the day there was a big children's play area set up on the grass with lots of free activities. It was so neat! They had kites and balls available for the kids, a water/bounce slide set up, a bubble machine, $1 carousel rides, things to build and climb on, etc. Grace and Owen were in love! 
 We got some lunch of hamburgers or pizza from the food stands there. My burger was pretty awesome, to be honest. The best one I've had since moving here, and we've been to 3 burger places with disappointing results each time - but not this time. :) So I was happy.
 The next day (I think?) it was still super hot and humid!! We pumped/filled up our new pool and let Grace splash around for awhile. Even Ryan joined in! It's SO nice having Ryan home... What will I do without him? We've been so spoiled.
 Sunday was Father's Day and I put together by myself the kids and I surprised our Daddy with some fun things in the morning. Thank you Pinterest! :) We had a nice morning hanging out and getting ready for church. I taught my lesson and then Grace had 3 accidents AND a poop accident before we finally went home to clean up. Yuck.
 On our way home from church it was sprinkling a little bit outside and we were laughing about how Ryan had to BBQ our dinner while it rained on him a little bit. Then... we get home and it turned into a total DOWNPOUR! Poor Ryan, but it was awesome! Our pool was turned upside down but it still had collected a ton of water which Ryan poured out. The picture is of the patio being flooded by the rain water.
"Happy Father's Day, Ryan!... Now go cook us some dinner in the downpour please." hehe
 We had some awesome kabobs! Sooo good. The chicken was marinaded with this and we will definitely use it all the time now. Ryan also requested stuffing (one of his very favorite things), and fruit.
 He also requested a lemon cake, which his his ABSOLUTE favorite dessert. I can't stomach lemon desserts, but he sure enjoyed it! I'm glad the kids and I could celebrate Ryan and give him a yummy meal. We love you so much, Ryan! I couldn't ask for a better Daddy for my children, or a better husband.

1 comment:

Casie said...

Ryan, you weirdy...lemon cake is nastastic.