Thomas serenaded us a little. The kids are blurry because they were dancing.
He made the coolest forts! And Grace is beyond obsessed with forts right now.
A few weeks before Thomas came, I had asked him if he could possibly bring me some cafe rio (which now conveniently has a location in the SLC airport). But as it got closer and I thought through all the work it would be for him to transport it on the plane and package it, etc, I told him not to worry about it. I'll be there in May and obviously I can survive until then. ;) But when he got to my house and carried a cooler inside, my jaw dropped! He just laughed. He knows he is awesome. The story of how he did it was pretty hilarious... ordering several meals "to go", plus as much extra dressing as they would let him, and spooning all the fixings into separate plastic bags without trying to draw attention to himself at the airport... and then having to refill plastic bags with ice to keep it all cold! He is pretty darn awesome. My Cafe Rio salad in Ohio was awesome and Ryan and I were both beyond grateful for his generosity and thoughtfulness. Love you, Tom! :)
On saturday afternoon was Ava's 1 year birthday party! Tom's business trip was perfect timing so that he could be there for it as well. Amanda did a beautiful job putting together the party, decorations, cupcakes and drink jars. It all looked so cute!
Upstairs, the kids were playing so good together. Owen and Grace love Doc McStuffins and Owen's doctor kit has been put to good use. This is what I found them taking turns doing in the playroom.
So cute!
Ava's cake smash was a total success and the rest of her photos are posted on my photo blog. But here are a few.







3 comments:
It was the best timing! We need to find a way to have him make another trip here again!
Nana's turn.
I think we should all take a trip for a big family party. It'll take us a few years to save up for it though!
Post a Comment