Friday, January 25, 2013

Birthday Celebration


Logan's birthday fell on a monday night and Ryan wasn't going to be home early enough to celebrate after dinner. So the night before (sunday) we had Ben and Amanda and their kids over for cake and ice cream. I didn't have it in me to plan a birthday party for him... And I still feel guilty about it, but oh well. I know he won't remember. Even the cake I made was just sad. But he knows we love him. :) I'm grateful to Ben and Amanda for coming and celebrating him with us! We are grateful to have family so close by.
Logan got some fun presents, which of course his sister has claimed as her own. 
We are struggling to teach her to share with her brother.
 I don't know what he was doing here, but it makes me giggle. He's such a chub!
 Sooo excited that everyone is singing Happy Birthday to him!
 A HUGE piece of cake for a big boy. And he actually ate the entire thing!
Not at all surprising..
 


It was just a small celebration, but we sure love Logan so so much. Happy 1st Birthday, bud!


3 comments:

Casie said...

LOVE the cake! So simple, but darling to look at! Great work!

Barb said...

He's so funny and cute! Happy birthday, little man.

Dawn said...

That cheesy cake grin makes me laugh. We are so happy to have him in our family. Wish we could have been there, too. But he was surrounded by people who love him...what's better than that?